DOULA | Labor & Birth
Doula, in ancient Greek, means ‘woman servant.’ Our contemporary meaning is ‘mothering the mother.’ Doulas offer physical, emotional and informational support for prenatal mothers, couples, labor and birth. Our nurturing presence may decrease labor-time by 25%.
Though Doulas provide diverse skills, we are not “clinicians” as are Midwives. Therefore, it’s not in our scope-of-practice to diagnose or to catch babies.
THE TAO OF BIRTHING® PROVIDES
- Home Birth and Birth-Center Assistance
- “Remote Doula” Assistance
- Certifications and experience since 1994
- Unbiased support and respect for Couple’s wishes
- Holistic and evidence-based information
- A spiritual and practical perspective The Tao of Birthing
- An empowering journey
- Three, 2-hour meetings for Preparation – See my HypnoBirth Classes for all inclusive details
- Phone, Text, Email, Skype
- Two or more original Hypno-CDs/MP3s for practice
- The Tao of Birthing manual
- CranioSacral Therapy with pelvic alignment – during meetings, if needed
- Teas and remedies
LABOR, BIRTH & BEYOND
- Complementary first meeting
- 24/7 Phone, Text, Email, Skype with quick response-time
- CranioSacral and Massage Therapy
- Homeopathy and Essential Oils
- Birth notes
- At least one hour post-birth
- One postpartum visit
My philosophy: When our focus is “mother-centered birthing,” and immediate, uninterrupted bonding, we set forth the imprint of a more peaceful world.
My commitment is to provide you with comprehensive knowledge, unwavering support,
a steadfast presence, and a safe and spacious labor environment.
My background is based on twenty-six years’ experience in the field of birth, which includes training on The Farm in Summertown, TN with Ina May Gaskin and The Farm Midwives, 1996 and 2006. I assisted Pamela England and her Birthing From Within trainings in New Mexico and in San Francisco. I’m Credentialed as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and received additional Certification in HypnoBirthing-The Mongan Method, 2004. As a Doula, I’m Certified by DONA approved Doula Birth Partners of L.A., 1994. I hold a Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology.
My breath of knowledge expands with each birth I attend as no two births are ever alike, but rather, are as unique as each mother, baby, family.